Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day 6

When I was in elementary school my science teacher taught us this awesome way of learning the phases of the moon. I thought I could replicate this process. I was wrong. I learned really fast where I had gone astray what I needed to do if I was ever to try this again.

1.       I need a brighter light as my sun
2.       I need to demonstrate
3.       I need to give more specific directions
4.       I need to know more about what I am talking about



The students were very much engaged, but I do not think they actually learned the phases of the moon or will ever remember them. In the student’s daily journals they wrote about their favorite part about space. When we walked around to read them, we saw a lot of writing about the stars as well as various facts about the moon. I highly doubt I will ever see any writing about the phases of the moon. I hope so, but I doubt it. Oh did I mention this was my first observation day! Yay! It can only go up from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment