Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Day 5

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-Blast Off!!
Mrs. Mac and I have started our space unit! Yesterday Mrs. Mac started with teaching the students about the different colors of the stars based on how hot they are. Today we took a trip to the moon. Before we could go to the moon we had to make preparations, of course. We needed our helmet because there is no oxygen on the moon. We had to take our moon boots because there is not very much gravity on the moon. We had to take our suits to protect us, but also a couple of vocabulary words so we could understand what we were seeing when we were on the moon. After learning about orbiting, reflecting light, and the size of the sun compared to the moon, we were ready to go. Students took a trip to the moon. Lights were turned off and classical music in the background. When they got back into their space shuttles (or desks) they wrote their family a post card about what they learned about the moon.

I was so excited to teach this lesson, and I am glad I did. The students seemed to have so much fun, but they also retained so much knowledge. Upon collecting their post cards and reading them I was so impressed with the facts that they remembered. It really showed me how much interactive teaching can play a part in the information students learn. It was neat to see it in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment