With giving my first spelling test. I realized I could do this. I
know I am not the perfect teacher, and will always be learning how to be one,
but for what I have learned and what I know so far, I could do this. Whether it
was the wonderful example of a teacher that Mrs. Martin was, or the students
who wrote me letters and drew me pictures expressing how excited they were to
have me, or even the support I felt from those around me, I realized how much I
love this. I realized that I want to be a teacher. I realized that I decided to
do the student teaching option because I was afraid. I am realizing I am more
prepared for this than I thought. I am going to shoot for the internship, and
if I land on the moon after shooting for the stars, it will still be worth
it.
It has been so neat getting to know each
of these students already. I am already loving being with them, helping them,
even supporting them in their school play! The 4th grade team is exactly what I
could ever want or hope for. They are collaborative, supportive, and and even
friends. This team is truly focused on helping students reach their
potential.
One thing that I have learned that this
school does is that each child is in a different math class as well. I never
had this in elementary school, where I could be with students who are in the
exact same level as I was in learning. This helps the students feel enthusiastic
about learning because they are with students at their same level. Isn't that
what it's all about?
No comments:
Post a Comment