Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"I love using dialogue!" MIss Moyes exlcaimed.

Today's lesson was a ton of fun. During shared writing we wrote a story together using dialogue. The students had a lot of fun writing it, and I had a lot of fun teaching it. The only problem to this was that during the lesson students were coming in late because of lunch duty, and there were students were just arriving to school, I even had one student who was doing math problems in his notebook instead of writing our story. I did not realize this until they were doing partner share work and I saw this. I want students to feel that they are accountable for their work, but these students did not feel the need to either catch up or be on task. This is where I definitely need to work on setting clear expectations, but also providing students with a good incentive to get this work done-such as knowing that they will be reading them to the class. "Why didn't I think of that before?" Miss Moyes asked herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment