Thursday, March 12, 2015

Greecian Verbs...I mean Herbs

I had the opportunity to teach a lesson on how words in the English Language derive from Greek mythology. This lesson plan had already been created by my mentor teacher, I just needed to execute it. I cannot begin to say how important it is that in a lesson there are multiple things for children to learn from. She had students watching a video for the visual learners, we read a book for the auditory and visual (with the pictures), we had a matching game for the kinesthetic, and modeling that took place to help student thinking. All of this was accomplished in a 30 minute lesson. Amazing. As a teacher, yes, it's hard to try to come up with so many activities just for one lesson, but I am here to testify how worth doing it is. At the end of this lesson, I did not have one child who did not grasp this concept. If we can keep them moving, meet learning needs, and of course continue to keep good classroom management, the students will get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment